The mosque which is located in Yan, Kedah was constructed in 1936 and completed two years later in 1938. It was officiated by the Sultan of Kedah at the time, His Royal Highness Sultan Badlishah Ibni Al Marhum Sultan Abdul Hamid. The construction of this mosque was due to the hard work and effort of the mosque’s own community to replace the old mosque located right next to it, which can no longer hold the number of congregation that kept increasing. The mosque stood on a plot of donated land (waqf) which sized 14,729 square metres.
The first Imam who was commissioned to lead the prayers at this mosque was Allahyarham Haji Abu Yazid bin Haji Ahmad. A few notable Imams that came after that were Allahyarham Haji Rukunudin bin Ghazali, Allahyarham Haji Ahmad bin Haji Tahir, Allahyarham Haji Abdullah bin Haji Abu Yazid and Haji Ku Shuib bin Ku Abdullah. The mosque can occupy around 2,500 people at one time. Badlishah Mosque was also awarded for the ‘Best Mosque Award’ on Maal Hijrah celebration in Kedah state that was conducted at Dewan Seri Negeri Wisma Darul Aman on 19th May 1996.
There are no reviews yet.