Masjid Diraja Tuanku Munawir is also known as the Royal Mosque of Seri Menanti and was completed in 1964. Located in the state’s royal town of Seri Menanti, the mosque sits right next to the Old Palace of Seri Menanti and the Royal Mausoleum. The history of the mosque began in 1885 when an old mosque was constructed on a plot of land donated by YAM Tuan Tuanku Muhammad Shah, the seventh Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan.
The mosque’s architecture displays strong Mughal influence, which is evident in the royal yellow domes sitting atop its roof and minarets. The orange-coloured mosque also incorporates some local elements in its design with the inclusion of a serambi or a verandah along one side of the building. Triangular arches adorn the top part of the veranda.