Regional Seminar on Islamic Tourism (ReSIT)
Realising the need to address the important issues so that the benefits of promoting Islamic tourism to the world may be maximised and the negative impacts minimised, Islamic Tourism Centre (ITC) organises a series of events called Regional Seminars on Islamic Tourism (ReSIT). The ReSIT acts as an avenue to share, discuss, coordinate, plan and develop suitable Islamic tour packages and tourism trails that showcase Malaysia’s Islamic tourism products to local and international visitors.
Besides discussing on ways to turn Malaysia into a premier Islamic tourism destination, the seminars also identify the needs and expectations of Muslim tourists to Malaysia as well as discuss partnerships and alliances between the public sector and the private sector. Featuring prominent speakers from various backgrounds, the seminars are held in various states around Peninsular Malaysia and attended by key players in the tourism industry including travel and tour operators, government officials, airlines, hoteliers and other product owners.
- To identify the needs and expectations of inbound Muslim travellers from different regions.
- Identify and categorise the current Islamic tour packages that exist in Malaysia.
- To strategically develop Islamic tour packages which are attractive and memorable for tourists.
- To develop appropriate Muslim tour packages.
- To discuss ways in providing and ensuring excellence in tourism service hospitality.
- To discuss public-private partnership and alliances for the success and sustainability of Muslim travel and tourism.
THE REGIONAL SEMINAR ON ISLAMIC TOURISM (ReSIT), KOTA KINABALU, SABAH, 12- 14 JANUARY 2014
The Regional Seminar on Islamic Tourism (ReSIT) 2015 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah is a 2-day regional seminar, followed by a Technical Tour the day after is organised to provide a platform for the industry players to share, discuss, coordinate and plan the strategies for development of Islamic tourism, as well as to develop suitable Islamic tour packages that will showcase the Islamic tourism products of Malaysia, particularly in the East Malaysian region, and ASEAN’s generally, to international visitors.
Details of ReSIT KK are as follows:
Date: 12 to 14 January 2015
Venue: Ballroom 2, The Pacific, Sutera Harbour Resort, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Kindly click the linkc for the respective documents related to ReSIT KK: