The Muslim tourist market represents one of the largest and most lucrative untapped niche market in global tourism. Islamic Tourism Centre (ITC), a company limited by guarantee under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, has been tasked to position Malaysia as an Islamic tourism and Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality hub of global standards and recognitions.
To strengthen our global position and reputation, we invite qualified and experienced candidates to join us on this mission as Director of Industry Development.
DIRECTOR, INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
A full-time position with Islamic Tourism Centre (ITC) to lead the growth of Islamic tourism and expand the opportunities within the Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality industry.
As the Director of Industry Development, you will drive the revenue growth of ITC by developing ideas to strengthen the Islamic tourism and hospitality ecosystem. Reporting to the Director General, your strategic leadership will enhance Islamic Tourism Centre’s efforts as an authority in the industry and as a partner in strengthening Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality (MFTH) globally.
- Oversee the development, branding, and marketing of Islamic tourism products and services initiated by ITC
- Lead the development of standards, procedures, and guidelines on Islamic tourism and MFTH
- Implement industry networking initiatives for ITC to establish and expand linkages within the Islamic tourism and MFTH ecosystem
- Seek opportunities to establish bilateral, regional, and international relations in tourism cooperation
- Malaysian citizenship
- A recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in a business development, industry relations, or industry development role
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Knowledge of the tourism/hospitality industry and the halal landscape
- Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills in Bahasa Melayu and English
- Well-versed in IT and other spreadsheet applications
Please download the application form. The completed form, cover letter, and curriculum vitae must be submitted to us before or by 21 March 2021 (Sunday) at 5 pm by email at email@example.com or to the following address:
Islamic Tourism Centre
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia
Level 13, No. 2, Tower 1,
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for the interview process within one week from the closing date