The Muslim tourist market represents one of the largest and most lucrative untapped niche market in global tourism. Islamic Tourism Centre (ITC), a company limited by guarantee under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, has been tasked to position Malaysia as an Islamic tourism and Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality hub of global standards and recognitions.
To strengthen our global position and reputation, we invite qualified and experienced candidates to join us on this mission as Director of Industry Development.
DIRECTOR, INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
A full-time position with Islamic Tourism Centre (ITC) to lead the growth of Islamic tourism and expand the opportunities within the Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality industry.
As the Director of Industry Development, you will drive the revenue growth of ITC by developing ideas to strengthen the Islamic tourism and hospitality ecosystem. Reporting to the Director General, your strategic leadership will enhance Islamic Tourism Centre’s efforts as an authority in the industry and as a partner in strengthening Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality (MFTH) globally.
- Oversee the development, branding, and marketing of Islamic tourism products and services initiated by ITC
- Lead the development of standards, procedures, and guidelines on Islamic tourism and MFTH
- Implement industry networking initiatives for ITC to establish and expand linkages within the Islamic tourism and MFTH ecosystem
- Seek opportunities to establish bilateral, regional, and international relations in tourism cooperation
- Malaysian citizenship
- A recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in a business development, industry relations, or industry development role
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Knowledge of the tourism/hospitality industry and the halal landscape
- Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills in Bahasa Melayu and English
- Well-versed in IT and other spreadsheet applications
Please click here to download the application form. The completed form, cover letter, and curriculum vitae must be submitted to us before or by 13 May 2022 (Friday) at 5 pm by email at email@example.com or to the following address:
Islamic Tourism Centre
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia
Level 13, No. 2, Tower 1,
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
(Attn.to: Senior Manager, Corporate Development and Finance Division)
About Islamic Tourism Centre (ITC)
Islamic Tourism Centre advocates for Muslim-friendly tourism by offering research and market intelligence, training, industry development consultation, Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality services standards and certification, and information exchange.
It also serves as an advisory body, particularly in matters on Islamic tourism. Over the years, it has increasingly become a point of reference among stakeholders and industry players who wish to leverage the Muslim tourist market.
ITC is currently the chair for the Working Group Committee for MS2610 and OIC/SMIIC 9:2019 Implementation. With strong local and international industry linkages and the backing of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia, Islamic Tourism Centre provides its services and industry experience to help develop the Islamic tourism concept worldwide.
To learn more about Islamic tourism or Muslim-friendly tourism and hospitality, kindly contact:
Islamic Tourism Centre,
Level 13, Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia
No. 2 Tower 1, Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5, 62200 Putrajaya,
Tel: +603 8891 7177
Download Application Form by clicking here